Booth Number and Company
1) Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) – A nationwide community based membership organization with 200,000 members representing model aviation enthusiasts.
2) Hub Hobby – Hub Hobby carries a wide selection of traditional hobby items. The stores are packed full of model trains, radio control cars,
drones, boats and planes. Not to mention model rockets, plastic models, and pinewood derby parts. Hub Hobby also has an extensive
collection of classic board games, trading cards games, tabletop games, puzzles, toys, science projects, art and craft kits, and a whole
host of other items too numerous to mention.
3) HydraFPV – Bringing next generation production and streaming technology to drone racing.
4) TCRC Model Air Park – Twin Cities Radio Controllers is a family oriented club with many family activities. We are chartered club #383
with the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA). We host 2 float fly events each year (May and September) on Bush Lake in Bloomington,
MN as well as several low pressure fun fly events for members. The Model Flying Air Park consists of 40 acres of membership owned
property zoned aviation/recreation by the county. There is an alternate flying site at the Scott County Fairgrounds. The flying field has 2
intersecting graded and asphalt paved runways that are 300′ by 40′ each. There is an extra 100′ deep mowed grass overrun with one
5) UND – The mission of the Department of Aviation’s Undergraduate Program in Unmanned Aircraft Systems is to provide educational
opportunities for students that will develop individuals who possess excellent aviation technical abilities, superior communication and
teamwork skills, are adaptable to change, seek life-long learning, can effectively utilize technology and have an appreciation of other
cultures in order to ensure successful contributions in the global and dynamic aviation industry. Graduates will develop an understanding
of the operational and safety environment of the National Airspace System. This program will prepare graduates in seeking employment in
the aviation industry as UAS Operator.
6) DARTDrones – DARTdrones is the national leader in drone training and consulting, offering courses in over 40 cities across the United
States. The company offers basic flight training classes, Part 107 Airman Knowledge test prep courses, advanced industry specific
training, and consulting services for UAS program development and implementation.
7) Dakota County Sheriff – Dakota County Sheriff’s Office Drone Program Q&A.
8) Sentera – Sentera engineers an integrated set of software and sensor tools from the ground up to enable ag professionals to gather
accurate and precise on-field information.
9) UMN Geospatial – University of Minnesota, Remote Sensing and Geospatial Analysis Program.
10) Twin Cities Drone School – Twin Cities Drone School prepares drone pilots to pass the FAA written test and earn their Remote Pilot
Certificate. This FAA certificate is required for all drone operations except those that are for hobby or recreation and follow the Special
Rule for Model Aircraft.
11) Civil Air Patrol – 56,000 members worldwide, 1400 in Minnesota supporting America’s communities with emergency response, diverse
aviation and ground services, youth development, and promotion of air, space and cyber power. Find out how you may become a member.
12) Apple Valley HS Fab Lab – The Apple Valley High School Fab Lab is designed to support the school mission, providing opportunities for
students and adults to solve real world problems through imagination, innovation, collaboration and technology. The FabLab space is
available for teacher, classroom, and community use. Community education classes are being offered as well as various school age
13) EAA Chapter 25 – Lakeville – EAA is a community of aviation enthusiasts who promote and support recreational flying. More than
200,000 members worldwide share a common passion for all things aviation with adults and kids. Chapter 25 is based at the Airlake
Airport in Lakeville.
14) MN DAC – Minnesota Drone Advocacy Council was started in early 2017 to help bridge the gap between drone operators, businesses and
government organizations in Minnesota. Our members are made up of recreational and commercial drone operators from around the
state. We promote the safe and legal use of drones in our communities across Minnesota safely and professionally.
15) AUVSI – AUVSI is the world’s largest nonprofit organization devoted exclusively to advancing the unmanned systems and robotics
community. Serving more than 7,500 members from government organizations, industry and academia, AUVSI is committed to fostering,
developing and promoting unmanned systems and robotics technologies. AUVSI members support the defense, civil and commercial
sectors. The AUVSI Twin Cities chapter is one of many local chapters across the US.
16) Drone Buildz
17) FAA – The Federal Aviation Administration is responsible for ensuring all aircraft, manned and unmanned, operate safely in the National
18) AirVuz – AirVūz is the world’s leading drone video and photography sharing platform and the largest global community for drone pilots and
aerial media enthusiasts.
19) AirBears – Founded in 2014, and based in St Paul MN, Air Bears is the first and only legitimate, non-profit, all volunteer drone service
provider in the nation. From Search & Rescue, to training Sheriff, Police, and Fire Departments, including their horses, and K-9s. Air Bears
around the world are proving that what we once thought were “toys”, are actually life saving tools.
20) Maverick Drone Systems – Maverick Drone Systems is a leading distributor of innovative drone systems in the USA, designed to bring a
broad portfolio of integrated, enterprise-class drones and services.
21) Horizon Insurance Agency – Horizon Agency is a full-service insurance agency with many niches, including drones. Zach Gilman has
been in the insurance industry for nearly a decade and specializes in insurance coverage to protect you from lawsuits alleging bodily injury,
property damage, hull coverage, invasion of privacy, and personal injury…including coverage for the cost to legally defend such suits.
22) Hani UAV – Hani UAV Repair Shop is the place to fix your drone. High-reputation shop to get your aerial vehicle flying again in no time.
Give me a call!
23) MnDOT – Photogrammetrics – Photogrammetry is the art, science, and technology of obtaining reliable information about physical
objects, the environment and terrain, through processes of recording, measuring and interpreting stereoscopic aerial images. Remote
sensing is a set of techniques and tools used to gather and process information about an area of land or object without direct physical
contact. Photogrammetry and remote sensing in transportation have long been recognized as an efficient and effective method for
increasing engineering production at all levels.
24) FPV – DRL/Chris Spangler – Drone Racing League: The world’s first professional drone racing circuit.
25) Northland College – Northland Aerospace consists of: Aviation Maintenance, Unmanned Aircraft System, and Geospatial technology
degree programs. Northland has provided Aviation Maintenance Technology training since 1959, preparing students to achieve a FAA
Airframe and Powerplant & license certification. In recent years Northland has developed new programs to meet the needs of emerging
aviation sectors. The Unmanned Aircraft Systems Maintenance Training Program trains technicians in NextGen technologies for avionics,
composites, computers, and UAS operations training. The Geospatial Technology Program meets the growing need for trained technicians
to process and develop products for civil applications in precision agriculture, law enforcement, emergency management, homeland
security, wildlife and environmental studies, natural disaster and others, using the mass amounts of images and data that are being
26) Grassfield R/C Club – Grassfield RC Club is located in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota. It is located just off highway 169 and 101st. AMA Club
# 1405. Grassfield RC could be considered a competition oriented club. Q500 racing, Competition Fun-Fly, Combat and Fun Scale
events. But for beginning flyers we have tuesday night as beginners night with instructors to help the beginning flyers. A Favorite for most
of our members, is weekend Sport flying, and just fun flying, all shapes and sizes of planes can be seen. If you are interested we look
forward to meeting you at the field!